- Right Lighting for your project
- Rich experience in manufacturing
- Achieved complete international certifications
- ISO 14001
- ISO 9001
Searching the best model of lights? SMAlux can guide you and obtain the best quality level lights you are wishing for. In quality but still offered with lower price.
For settling your bulk of orders, SMAlux will help you go through.
Pontoon Navigation Lights Fabricating Masters to Fulfill Your Project
Recent Pontoon Navigation Lights Project
Questions You May Ask About Your Pontoon Navigation Lights Orders
Yes. In this way, you allowed examining how high-quality our lighting is. We are confident that after you test it out, you`ll be planning to purchase larger orders.
Every delivery procedure, we check the quality design first before distributed.
Yes. To achieve a wonderful ambiance to a building project, our quality lights help to grant all you wish for.
SMAlux- Pontoon Navigation Lights Certified Manufacturer
SMAlux Pontoon Navigation Lights are able to see with just two miles away. In homes, these are functional and have collision-proof provided. These are favored with glossy contour appearance. Also, Pontoon Navigation Lights are stainless steel engineered. With weatherproof sketches and interior liner, pontoon navigation lights are wonderfully designed. These have a 112.5 level of brilliance and have no deconstructed requirement fittings.
Pontoon Navigation Lights are small when designates to restricted spacious ascending. These are featured having an actual size of 3/8 wide x 3 1/4 long x 1-3/4 high. Fortunately, these Pontoon Navigation Lights are holding 6 spotted bulbs. Those 6 total bulbs are furnishing another point of junctions. These lighting types also provide about 10 wattages and decorated bulb inclusion. These lights give an effective way to be seen automatically every late night and even mornings. Safer boating experience could be encountered with these Pontoon Navigation Lights.
The LED structure design of these pontoon navigation lights could grant you by adding or upgrading operating lights faster and accurately. Color green or red LED lights should be glimpse within1 mile away. These both colored lights required to have wirings. With all these regulations followed, these make comfortable and safe for both passengers and boats when after crossing darkness. However, these never demand to change bulbs every now and then because LED structured lights had over 50,000+ hours life span. Surely, an enjoyable boating experience can get along with it.
Our Pontoon Navigation Lights are tightly sealed and entirely on-waterproof designs. These have exceedingly fewer amperes designs, truly signifies useful more times on seawater. These also have complete light units and simple to follow operating directives. Proper furnish installment of Pontoon Navigation Lights can give large outcomes to running boats and to a business development also. These could accurately be used during nights when isolated from dock ports, usually at middle of sunrise and sunsets. Also, when the time of limited brightness periods like heavy raindrops or fogs, these Pontoon Navigation Lights surely operate conditionally.
But always put in mind that red or blue lighting is needed to employ those law administration vessels only. Pontoon Navigation Lights dissimilar types are relying on the size and design of the boat vessels. There`s plenty of best selling designs of our quality Pontoon Navigation Lights. Good for all business implementation and purposes. These have bigger potentials by allowing your business to grow even faster.
SMAlux has all-around 15+ years of experiences in LED lights manufacturing. With long experiences, SMAlux has realized the importance of creating enhanced LED structured lighting. This is one way to save more business money and even to the consumer`s budgets. With all the collected awards we received from the start, we already prove to everyone that we`re active and reliable manufacturing servants nationwide. With any quantity of orders, you can assume that your smart lights orders are in worthy hands.
We are the best manufacturing complex for all excellent-quality and LED Pontoon Navigation Lights. Expect precious lighting products that could rise up your business future. All your lighting needs, ask some experts from SMAlux.
Pontoon Navigation Lights: The Ultimate FAQs Guide
If you are looking for any information about pontoon navigation lights, it is right here.
Whether you want to learn about the design, color options, installation or quality standards, they are all in this guide.
Keep reading to be an expert in pontoon navigation lights.
- What is Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What are the Required Type of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What are the Benefits of Installing Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What Colors are Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What is the Meaning of Port and Starboard in Pontoon Light Fixture?
- Is it a Legal Requirement to Install Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What are the Factors to Consider when Buying Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What is the Purpose of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- Which are the Required Pontoon Navigation Lights for Anchored Vessel?
- How do you Install Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- Are Pontoon Navigation Lights Waterproof?
- How do you Measure the Efficiency of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What are the Important Safety Precautions when Wiring Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What are the Quality Standards for Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What does it mean to Display Red or Green Pontoon Navigation Light?
- What is the Recommended Luminous Intensity of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- What is Chromaticity of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- Which are the Key Specification to Look for in a Pontoon Navigation Light?
- How should Pontoon Navigation Lights be Installed?
- What are the Special Requirements for Pontoon LED Navigation Lights?
- How do you Maintain Pontoon Navigation Lights?
- Which are some of the Design Considerations when Selecting Pontoon Navigation Lights?
What is Pontoon Navigation Lights?
Pontoon navigation lights are light fixtures installed in pontoon boats to avoid accidents at night or during periods of reduced visibility.
These luminaires are important devices in ensuring safety of your vessel and you.
The lights enables you to spot other close vessels, and also enables other boats to spot you.
These types of marine lights have a distinct arc of illumination, color, range of location and visibility, as stipulated by marine law.
Pontoon navigation light
What are the Required Type of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
According to COLREGs, it is a necessity for pontoon boats to show the following types of navigation lights between sunset and sunrise:
· All-round White Light
This type of pontoon navigation light displays above a nominal arcof 360 degree of horizon.
The light fixture must be positioned not less than a meter over the sidelights; and needs to be on the boat’s centerline.
You should ensure that no masts or other objects obscure the all-round white light by greater than 6 degree of arc.
· Masthead Light
You should install masthead light no less than 2.5 meters over the gunwale that glares forward above an arc of 225 degree of the horizon.
This will enable it to be spotted from ahead of the pontoon boat to only aft of the flash.
Moreover, the masthead light should be positioned not less than 1 meter over the sidelights.
It also needs to be on the axis of the vessel.
· Stern Light
This type of pontoon navigation light is mounted close to the stern to exhibit a white light above an arc of 135 degree horizon.
You may install to one edge of the boat, or on a mast to prevent obscuring of the light.
· Side Lights
Most pontoon boats require a green and red side light with each displaying a continuous light above an arc of 112.5 degree horizon.
Instead of two separate side lights, you can mount the lights on the boat’s centerline.
There are two styles of side lights, those meant to be installed on vertical surfaces and those intended for horizontal surfaces.
What are the Benefits of Installing Pontoon Navigation Lights?
Navigation rules require you to display the right lights during periods of lowered visibility or at night.
Some of the advantages of pontoon navigation lights include:
- The lights help in avoiding collisions, thus ensuring safety both your safety and that of the boat.
- Navigation lights enable you to spot other close vessels, and enable other vessels to spot you.
- The marine light fixtures equally give information over the activity, size and travel direction.
By knowing the traits of navigation lights, it is possible to establish a suitable action as you sail towards another boat.
What Colors are Pontoon Navigation Lights?
Requirements of pontoon navigation lights vary based on the length of the vessel.
Fixtures having a high range of visibility are needed on larger vessels and you cannot fuse sidelights into one bi-color light.
Let’s look at the most common and important colors of pontoon navigation lights:
- Port sidelights should be red while starboard needs to be green, with both beaming from dead forward to 112.5 degree aft on both side.
- Stern lights should be white and beam from 67.5 degree aft on either side.
- White is the color of all-round lights and beam via 360 degree.
- The color of masthead lights is white and beam 112.5 degree on the side of port through dead forward to 112.5 degree on the side of starboard.
This is for an aggregate of 225 degree forward.
What is the Meaning of Port and Starboard in Pontoon Light Fixture?
Mariners apply the nautical terms port and starboard rather than right and left to avert confusion.
When facing forward, in the direction of a ship’s bow, starboard and port stand for right and left sides, respectively.
Is it a Legal Requirement to Install Pontoon Navigation Lights?
Pontoon navigation light
Yes, you are required by COLREGs rules to display correct pontoon navigation lights from dusk to dawn during all weather conditions.
During these periods, you should not display any other light that might be misinterpreted for lights stipulated in the navigation rules.
Furthermore, the vessel should not exhibit any lights that impede the distinctive features or visibility of navigation lights.
The rules also express that no other light should hinder maintaining of an appropriate lookout.
They further stipulate that pontoon navigation lights must be displayed in environments of lowered visibility, and may be indicated in instances deemed necessary.
It is the duty of a vessel operator and to display the correct navigation lights in relation to size of boat and waters.
It is never the duty of your supplier or manufacturer.
Majority of pontoon boats are supplied with lights not fulfilling the legal specifications in terms of location on vessel or technical features.
What are the Factors to Consider when Buying Pontoon Navigation Lights?
There are several factors to consider when purchasing or choosing the type of pontoon light to install, including:
- Length of your pontoon boat: For example over or under 12 meters;
- What powers the pontoon; and
- Where you are sailing, for example international or inland waters.
What is the Purpose of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
LED navigation light
The main roles of pontoon navigation lights is to communicate:
- Size of vessel
- Angle from which you spot them
- Direction of travel of the vessel
- Whether the vessel is anchored or underway.
Which are the Required Pontoon Navigation Lights for Anchored Vessel?
You are required to exhibit specific navigation lights when at anchor, yet not in stipulated harboring area.
Beaming the navigation lights helps other vessels that may be sailing nearby to easily spot you.
Anchored pontoon boats require all-round light fixtures, which usually beam white light.
How do you Install Pontoon Navigation Lights?
Procedure 1: Research
When your boat is not fitted with pontoon boat lights, then it will be necessary to integrate new connection to its circuit breaker.
However, if it is replacement of navigation lights accessories, you will simply disconnect the old ones and use existing cable connection.
Connect the boat navigation light fixtures to a new circuitry in case there is enough space in the breaker board.
This guarantees easier and safer regulation of the various circuitry on the pontoon boat.
Procedure 2: Switch off Circuit Breakers
It is critical to disconnect the power to the boat to ensure safety when working on the electrical circuitry.
Disconnecting the power ensures your safety when working on the electrical circuitry.
You must ensure to turn off all electrical systems to safely install the marine lighting fixtures without any harm.
Procedure 3: Mark the Wall
Using a marker pen, label the position of each pontoon navigational light to correctly bore holes for connecting cables through.
the appropriate tool to make holes in the boat panels through which connection wires will go through.
Moreover, it is critical to install the switches in the correct location.
Procedure 4: Wiring
Wiring schematics for pontoon boats can sometimes be very complex and may not adhere to traditional wiring rules.
Go through the user manual of the boat to understand how to install the pontoon navigation light fixtures safely.
Make sure you fix the wires in such a manner that they are safely concealed behind the boat panels.
Procedure 5: Connect the Light Fixture
Connect the pontoon navigation light fitting to the control panel as per the guidelines in your user manual.
It is recommended to engage a skilled electrician if you do not understand how to link the lights to the control panel.
Procedure 6: Replace the Panels
Make sure to replace the boat panels such that all the cabling is concealed and safeguarded from hazard.
After finishing the process of installing pontoon navigation lights, replace everything back so that there is no trace of the work.
Are Pontoon Navigation Lights Waterproof?
Yes, the best pontoon navigational lights must be watertight since they are very instrumental in your sailing experience.
Most marine lighting fixtures are waterproof since they are intended for use moisture laden conditions.
In addition, all the terminals and connections should be waterproofed.
How do you Measure the Efficiency of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
The efficiency of pontoon navigation lamps is measured in Candela.
Even though lumens are a popular measurement unit of light output, they are immaterial in determining the efficacy of navigational lights.
This is because lumens just measures the overall light output of a source of light.
Lumens are essential in case you are lighting a space or room.
However, this is not case if you require an illumination to be seen from a specific distance and spot.
You are supposed to know its candela or brilliance at that spot.
What are the Important Safety Precautions when Wiring Pontoon Navigation Lights?
Wiring of pontoon navigation lights must be carried out in compliance with an accepted wiring code.
A white cable usually runs from the switch to the marine with black one as the negative conductor or return.
Fit the circuitry with circuit breaker or fuse and no other device, other than navigation lights, needs to be on the circuitry.
Moreover, make sure you size the conductors utilized for wiring to ensure that the voltage drop does not exceed 3 percent.
Wire the lights in a manner such that one switch position lights up only the anchor light.
On the other hand, a different position should switch on all the needed pontoon navigation lights.
Alternately, you could install two switches that give similar result.
What are the Quality Standards for Pontoon Navigation Lights?
Pontoon navigation light
- IMO standards
- RINA standards
- GL standards
- USCG standards
- MCA standards
- A-16 standards
- EN 14744
- CE standards
What does it mean to Display Red or Green Pontoon Navigation Light?
The rules regulating marine navigation entail a concept referred to as ‘the burdened vessel.”
It operates much similar as the red and green lights we should comply with while driving on the roads.
Typically, for boats that have converging paths:
- When you spot the red light of the other vessel it implies that you must reduce speed or maneuver to prevent a collision.
Similarly, the other boat should not initiate any speed or course change.
- When you spot the green light of the other vessel you need to maintain your speed and path.
It is the responsibility of the other boat to avoid collision with you.
Nevertheless, there exist many critical exceptions, majority dealing with marine vessels that have restriction in their capability to maneuver.
Another exclusion to the green/ red rules is the fact that every sailor must take all measures to prevent collision.
This should be observed irrespective of who enjoys the right of way.
What is the Recommended Luminous Intensity of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
The luminous intensity should not exceed 10 percent of the luminous intensity in the stipulated category for boats not lower than 12m length.
This applies to the horizontal directions in which luminous intensity reduction to “practical cut-off” is needed by COLREGs rules.
Within the stipulated category where COLREGs rules require luminous intensity, horizontal intensity of light distribution should be uniform.
The uniformity should ensure that the maximum and minimum measured values of luminous intensity do not vary by a factor exceeding 1.5.
This helps to prevent changes in luminous intensity that may lead to occurrence a flickering light for boats exceeding 12 m in length.
The same applies for vertical intensity of light distribution.
What is Chromaticity of Pontoon Navigation Lights?
Boat navigation light
Chromaticity describes the visible color of a source of light, and there exist prescribed values for pontoon navigation lights chromaticity output.
This is a feature of marine navigational light fixtures that is established in the laboratory when testing the products for conformity with regulations.
Which are the Key Specification to Look for in a Pontoon Navigation Light?
You should look for the following key specifications when buying a pontoon navigational light:
- The category or type of light fixture
- Directions of headline
- Range of light in nautical miles
- Nominal wattage of the source of light (different values result to varying ranges).
How should Pontoon Navigation Lights be Installed?
The installation of pontoon navigation lights needs to be in such a manner so as:
- To safeguard navigation watch keeping
- To make that the illumination displays over the needed arcs of visibility
- To fulfill the needed placement and vertical separation prerequisites in all ordinary trim conditions
- To ensure easy and successful replacement of lights installed by the manufacturer without complicated readjustment or re-calibration
- The pontoon navigational lights are easily reachable for maintenance and inspection purposes.
What are the Special Requirements for Pontoon LED Navigation Lights?
The lumens of LED lights gradually depreciate whereas the consumption of electricity stays constant.
The rate of luminous intensity decrease is dependent on the temperatures and output of the LED marine light fixtures.
Here are the special requirements for LED pontoon navigation lights to avoid inadequacy of luminous intensity:
- An alarm system should be integrated to communicate with the watch keeping officer. The system notifies the watch keeper that the light luminous intensity reduces beyond the level stipulated by COLREGs;
- The LED navigation lights need only to be utilized within their lifespan stipulated by the manufacturer. This is crucial in maintaining the required lumens of the light fixtures.
The lifespan needs to be established and clearly expressed by the producer depending on suitable quality test results.
The tests should examine the lumens depreciation under different temperature conditions.
How do you Maintain Pontoon Navigation Lights?
There are simple maintenance procedures to follow to make sure the pontoon navigation lights keep complying with the applicable COLREGs, including:
- Assess if all the different types of navigation lights function before departing from port and one hour before use.
Also, check them periodically in the course of the voyage, particularly at night and during poor visibility.
- Check all the components of the marine light fixture regularly, since their functioning can be affected with time.
Confirm if all the switches, cabling and electrical connections are in good state.
- Check and replace if necessary, polycarbonate and acrylic types of lens since they can be impacted on by sunlight, particularly UV rays.
With time, this causes the lens to change to yellow or cream color, an effect referred to as ‘milking”.
This influences the performance and accuracy of the pontoon navigation lights.
- Inspect glass lenses for coating with salt or cracking because this influences the performance and accuracy of the lights.
- UV sunlight can as well affect colored filters, which can dramatically reduce the chromatic accuracy of the navigational lights.
- Inspect for lens damage due to heat from the light. This results in an effect referred to as “crazing”. The plastic gets “diffuse”, reducing the chromaticity of the light fixture dramatically, especially during “heeling”.
- Lenses of pontoon navigational lights may experience blasting due to salt or sand. Therefore, routinely clean the luminaires and adherence with manufacturer’s guidelines can make sure the fittings continue conforming to COLREGs.
- Confirm that switching arrangements, alternative lanterns and power supplies are totally operational prior to departing from the port and occasionally thereafter.
Which are some of the Design Considerations when Selecting Pontoon Navigation Lights?
There are three main factors to consider in the design of marine navigation light fixtures, including color, angle and brightness.
For a pontoon navigational light to conform to regulations, it should radiate at the right intensity, in the appropriate direction, and right color.
This is attained by choosing the right light fixture for output and color.
Furthermore, you direct the beam via a thoughtfully fabricated optics to attain both directional cutoffs and focus.
In short, you must consider everything in this guide to get high quality pontoon navigation lights.
For questions or inquiries about pontoon navigation lights, contact us now.